“What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.” – Nelson Mandela
Soon many South Africans will, once again, donate some of their time to honour the great life of Nelson Mandela by contributing in a meaningful way to the development or upliftment of those in need in our beautiful country. On 18 July this year, the team at Mandela Day is not only hoping that each of us will live #actionagainstpoverty, the message this year is to aim to make every day in your life a Mandela Day.
At the Chris Burger Petro Jackson Players’ Fund, we support this goal of becoming continuous change agents in South Africa and the world, and on a daily basis we endeavour to make a meaningful difference to the lives of our 108 recipients – players who have had their lives radically changed playing the game that they love.
The Players’ Fund’s contribution to the quality of life of these recipients takes place on many different levels:
- For some recipients, the monthly subsistence payment gives them the necessary funds for food or clothing or to be able to contact their loved ones.
- With one of our partners, we supply medical consumables – items desperately needed by our recipients.
- We modify homes in order for recipients to be able to live in their residences now that they are using wheelchairs for mobility.
- We arrange transport where necessary for recipients to attend physiotherapy and medical appointments.
- For more information on how we impact on the lives of our recipients, please follow this link to our website.
In honour of Nelson Mandela’s 67 years of fighting for the rights of humanity, we approach you to consider the following ways to give to our cause:
- A monetary donation of any kind to the Players’ Fund to continue the work we do. Click here to give now.
- Contacting the Players’ Fund office to find out how you can give of your time or resources to assist with our work: (021 569 5615 / firstname.lastname@example.org )
We always live our values and believe that these values resonate with you too.
- Caring: The holistic care of each recipient is our focus.
- Dependable: Our recipients and the rugby community can count on us to remain at their side.
- Stable: We have stood firm in our work and approach since 1980.
- Transparent: We are open and honest about the work that we do and our processes.
- Approachable: Help is only a phone call away.
- Accountable: If you entrust your support and funds to us, we are accountable for all the resources we apply to achieve a better quality of life for our recipients.