In response to the global pandemic we have launched #Kit2Care – Online auctions. Which gives current and former rugby players a way to help us raise money for our seriously injured rugby players around South Africa, who need us now more than ever.
All funds raised through the online auction will be used to support our recipients in need.
Where do the items come from?
Current and former professional players, as well as those close to the game we all love. We aim to uncover new and unique items that are plucked out of players’ collections to be donated to support our recipients.
How many items are there?
We will only release one item at any given time. It will be released on all our social media platforms under the hashtag #Kit2Care.
How often will items be released & how will I know about it?
At the moment it is hard to predict how often we will be able to do this. We are hoping for at least one item every month. Availability of suitable items will determine how often we can release items.
We encourage all those interested in these collectors items to inform us via email and we will add your details to the #Kit2Care database. We will alert all those on the the list as soon as new items have been identified. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to this list.
What is the bidding process?
1. Bids need to be emailed to email@example.com
2. Email also needs to contain your full name and cell phone number
3. We’ll respond with the current bid standings and you’ll have the chance to increase your bid should you wish
4. You have FOUR DAYS to bid on each of the item with specific deadlines applied to each item
5. All items will be shipped to the highest bidders once legislation allows
Items (currently available and former):
- Jean de Villiers’ 91st Springbok test jersey (Auctioned from 25 April 2020 – 29 April) : Winning bid – R35 000.00
- John Smit’s Springbok RWC Winning Captain’s Signed jersey (Auctioned from 8 May – 12 May) : Winning bid – R68 000.00
- Pieter Steph du Toit’s 2015 Rugby World Cup training jersey – signed by the squad (Auctioned 25 May – 29 May) : Winning bid – R10 000.00