You can find out more about the Player’s Fund here.
We may make changes from time to time so please check back regularly to keep informed of updates.
The Players’ Fund appreciates your interest in our work and your visit to our platform. Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable visiting our site. Personal data collected during visits to our platforms are processed by us according to legal provisions valid for the countries in which our site is maintained.
Information you provide to us and how we use it
For certain functions on our platform you may be asked to register with us. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. your name, e-mail address, telephone number). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable the Players’ Fund to provide you with the services you select.
In addition, we may also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, when you send us e-mail communications or send us letters), when you provide your details or contact the Players’ Fund by telephone. Please note that calls to the Players’ Fund may be recorded for security, training or development purposes.
We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our platform, described in the section headed “Cookies and other information that we automatically collect”, below.
We will use the information we collect from you to:
- deal with your enquiries and requests;
- send communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
- announce events relating to us and other third party partners in accordance with your communications preferences (please see the ”Editing or deleting your personal information” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
- conduct market research or monitoring and evaluation so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
- prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities; and
- understand how our Platform is used so that we can continuously improve our Platform and offerings.
Cookies and other information that we automatically collect
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or mobile application and are used to recognise your computer when it returns to a website or mobile application it has visited previously. Cookies are widely used in order to make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the platform. They ease navigation and increase the user-friendliness of a web site.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by the Players’ Fund to your computer or mobile device. They are used only by the Players’ Fund to recognise your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Platform.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a service provider on our platform, and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other platforms. Third party cookies are most commonly used for platform analytics or advertising purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are ‘session cookies’, meaning that they exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are ‘permanent cookies’, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used to recognise your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
What cookies may the Players’ Fund use?
The platform serves only the following types of cookies to your computer or mobile device:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Essential cookies||These cookies are essential for websites and their features to work properly.|
|Functional Cookies||These cookies enable us to improve the usability and performance of our site. Language preferences, for example, are stored in functional cookies.|
|Performance or analytics cookies||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our platform. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor and is aggregated. It includes the number of visitors to our platform, the platforms that referred them to our platform and the pages that they visited on our platform. We use this information to help run our platform more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our platform.|
|Content sharing and social networking cookies||These cookies enable users to share pages and content through third party social networking and other platforms. The companies that serve these cookies may also use your information to serve targeted advertising on other platforms.|
How to control or delete cookies
If you choose not to accept cookies, you can still visit our website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your hard drive by setting your browser to not accept cookies. The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser. You can delete cookies already on your hard drive at any time. However, if you choose not to accept cookies it may result in a reduced availability of the services provided by our web site.
When you visit our website, our web server may automatically records your IP address, the web site from which you visit us, the web pages you actually visit and the date and length of your visit. Personal data is only stored if volunteered by you,
Sharing your information
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies unless under the following circumstances:
- to third party providers who provide services on our behalf such as online and other payments, processing credit card transactions and handling credit checks and fraud prevention;
- we may disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
How to edit, delete or access your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information.
Contact: The Chris Burger Petro Jackson Players’ Fund
Address: The 4th Floor of Sports Science Institute of SA
Tel: (021) 659 5615