Picnic under the poles of the hallowed DHL Newlands field, before it is no more. A priceless opportunity to make memories with your family that you’ll never forget whilst supporting Rugby’s Caring Hands.
With all that 2020 has had to offer, with the highs and lows, this is a way to ensure that one family will start 2021 off with an experience that no one will ever forget.
The Western Province Rugby has afforded the Players’ Fund with the opportunity to put together a priceless auction item that will be a dream come true for many a loyal rugby fan. The aim of this initiative is to raise money for the Players’ Fund, which is commemorating 40 years of service to rugby this year. The Fund supports rugby players in South Africa whose lives were changed by serious injuries on the field and who now face the challenge of living with a disability. The Fund was founded by Morné du Plessis and his then Western Province Team members in 1980 with the mission to make sure that rugby takes care of its own when tragedy strikes.
THE EXPERIENCE includes:
- A fully catered champagne breakfast picnic for a family of eight people or a group of eight friends under the poles at DHL Newlands (Rugby Stadium).
- The luxury picnic will be set up before your arrival and cleaned up afterwards.
- Date for picnic 09h00-11h00 on a Sunday morning in February 2021.
- A special visit from two DHL WP Rugby players who will help keep the kids occupied by throwing a ball around on the field while the parents enjoy delicious food and the eerie yet exciting atmosphere of an empty stadium. (*The buyer will not have influence over the players chosen, it will depend on player availability and WP Rugby team management.)
- A professional photographer will capture this special memory and share all the images with the family after the event.
- All COVID protocols and procedures will be adhered to.
The Players’ Fund will only be accepting bids sent through via emails to email@example.com between Monday 30 November and 12h00 on Friday 4 December 2020.
All of the money raised through this auction item will be used by the Players’ Fund to support their recipients throughout the country.